The Distinguished Public Service Award is presented to a leader in recognition of outstanding contributions to the field of psychosocial oncology.
Nominees must demonstrate outstanding contributions to the field of Psychosocial Oncology at the national level. Additionally, the APOS Board of Directors shall consider to what degree the nominee assists APOS in fulfilling its aims to accomplish the following:
- Promote the highest professional standards of psychosocial oncology
- Study, research, and exchange information, experiences, and ideas leading to improved psychosocial oncology
- Encourage clinicians to specialize in the practice of psychosocial oncology
- Foster the professional development of psychosocial clinicians, individually or collectively
- Increase consumer awareness of the importance of psychosocial oncology
To nominate an APOS or community member for this award, please submit the following through the online nomination nomination portal:
- The nominee’s curriculum vitae (or resume)
- A letter of nomination specifically stating why the nominee is deserving of the award by providing evidence of how the individual has contributed to providing outstanding service to the public related to the field of psychosocial oncology.
Please nominate an APOS or community member by submitting the above eligibility requirements through the online nomination portal. THIS AWARD DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO OCTOBER 20, 2019!