Our Supporters Become a Supporter
APOS is pleased to offer corporate supporters an opportunity to engage with APOS leadership through our new Corporate Council program.
The vision of APOS is a nation in which all people affected by cancer have access to quality psychosocial care to optimize health outcomes. We’re looking for partners in this vision and extend the invitation to corporate supporters with an interest in the field of psychosocial oncology and the multidisciplinary treatment of the psychological, behavioral and social aspects of cancer.
Our commitment is to connect top leaders and decision-makers in psychosocial oncology with Corporate Council representatives in an annual, half-day APOS Corporate Council Roundtable concurrent with the APOS Annual Meeting, to exchange information on psychosocial oncology clinical and research priorities and industry trends. APOS is a known leader in the field of psychosocial oncology and offers to explore potential partnership through collaborative projects. We also realize that our interdisciplinary membership is important to you and will strive to create opportunities for optimal visibility.
Join us as we advance the science and practice of psychosocial oncology care!
- Four (4) full conference registrations
- Choice of four (4) options from the APOS Annual Conference À la carte Menu
- Choice of four (4) options from the Targeted Marketing À la carte Menu
- One full page advertisement in the APOS Annual Conference program book
- The opportunity to speak to the APOS Annual Conference attendees for ten (10) minutes at the opening session
- Three (3) full conference registrations
- Choice of three (3) options from the APOS Annual Conference À la carte Menu
- Choice of three (3) options from the Targeted Marketing À la carte Menu
- ½ page advertisement in the APOS Annual Conference program book
- Two (2) full conference registrations
- Choice of two (2) options from the APOS Annual Conference À la carte Menu
- Choice of two (2) options from the Targeted Marketing À la carte Menu
- One (1) full conference registration
- Exhibit Booth (8 x 10)
As the only multidisciplinary organization in the United States dedicated to researching and treating the psychosocial aspects of cancer, the American Psychosocial Oncology Society (APOS) occasionally collaborates with corporations or foundations on the design, development and/or implementation of programs, research studies, educational initiatives, and special events. In order to avoid conflicts of interest or the appearance thereof, APOS has developed the following policy to guide and clearly define such organizational relationships:
- Funding from our corporate partners (grants, sponsorships or fee-for-service contracts) supports programs, research, professional educational initiatives and advocacy activities. While we welcome input from our corporate partners, APOS maintains total independence and has ultimate authority over program design, development, content, speaker selection and/or policy positions.
- Any selected or recommended speakers will be required to disclose any relationship with corporate partners.
- As noted in APOS’ Policy on Endorsement, APOS does not endorse medical products, specific medical or cancer treatments or any herbal products.
- Any corporate partner wishing to use APOS’s name, insignia, or logo to reference APOS or any APOS project in any public relations, marketing or promotional materials or activities must first seek the prior review and written approval of APOS. The APOS logo shall appear in its official color or in black.
- APOS will not accept contributions from corporations contingent upon any public policy position and/or public policy activity. APOS maintains total independence and ultimate authority over its policy-making activities without regard to any corporate partnership. APOS reserves the right to sever any corporate partnership with, and return contributions from, any entity that participates in public policy activities that APOS finds offensive or that are in significant conflict with APOS’s public policy activities and/or positions.
- APOS reserves the right to approve the participation of third parties that may be recommended by its corporate partners for involvement in any program, project or event.
- APOS does not enter into exclusive corporate partnerships in connection with any topic area or cancer type.
- APOS does not sell or otherwise provide its mailing list to any corporate partners. All materials and programs developed by APOS are the sole property of APOS, must carry APOS’s copyright or trademark, and as such, cannot be changed, modified or duplicated without prior written permission from APOS.
- APOS shall disclose and recognize corporate support on the APOS website, in select APOS publications, and in other manners agreed upon with specific supporters.
APOS’s Board of Directors reserves the right to amend this policy at will and without prior notice. The granting of financial support to APOS signifies agreement with all terms of this policy.