The Outstanding Education and Training Award is presented to an APOS member who has enhanced the field of psychosocial oncology through clinical education and training.
The nominee shall be an APOS member and demonstrate outstanding contributions to the education and training of psychosocial oncology professionals at the national level. Nominees should also meet the following criteria:
- Promote the highest professional standards of psychosocial oncology
- Teach, role-model and mentor the next generation of psychosocial oncologists
- Encourage individuals to specialize in psychosocial oncology
- Foster the professional development of psychosocial oncologists, individually or collectively
To nominate an APOS member for this award please submit the following through the online nomination portal:
- The curriculum vitae (or resume) of the nominee
- A letter of nomination that specifically states why the nominee is deserving of the award by providing evidence of how the individual has contributed to providing outstanding education and training in the field of psychosocial oncology.