The Outstanding Education and Training Award is presented to a leader who has enhanced the field of psychosocial oncology through the education and training of new investigators and/or clinicians.
The nominee shall be an APOS or community member and demonstrate outstanding contributions to the field of psychosocial oncology at the national level. Additionally, the APOS Board of Directors shall consider to what degree the nominee assists APOS in fulfilling the following aims:
- Promote the highest professional standards of psychosocial oncology
- Teach, role-model and mentor the next generation of psychosocial oncologists
- Encourage individuals to specialize in psychosocial oncology
- Foster the professional development of psychosocial oncologists, individually or collectively
To nominate an APOS or community member for this award please submit the following through the online nomination portal:
- The curriculum vitae (or resume) of the nominee
- A letter of nomination that specifically states why the nominee is deserving of the award by providing evidence of how the individual has contributed to providing outstanding education and training in the field of psychosocial oncology.
To Be Determined.