APOS seeks volunteers to help it at the 13th Annual Conference, March 3 – 5, 2016 in San Diego, CA. We rely on volunteers to help ensure the Annual Conference runs smoothly. In exchange for work hours, volunteers are eligible for reduced conference registration fees.
Please read the following volunteer positions available at the 13th Annual Conference. Using the online volunteer sign up form that notes the dates, times and positions available, please register for your volunteer position(s) by Friday, February 19, 2016. Please note: you need to create account for Supersass in order sign up for volunteer slots.Volunteer @ APOS
Please read below for details on the volunteer policy.
- Volunteer positions are limited and scheduled in the order they are received. Priority will be given first to students and trainees and then to members of APOS.Volunteers are eligible for reimbursement of their conference registration fees as follows:
- Students/trainees: $100 reimbursement for 4 work hours and a full conference refund for 8 work hours.
- Professionals: $100 reimbursement for 4 work hours and $200 reimbursement for 8 work hours.
- Please note: Reimbursements will be processed within 4 weeks of the conclusion of the conference. All reimbursements will be made to the original method of payment.
- Volunteers must arrive at least 15 minutes early at the Registration Desk for their shift for an orientation and instructions. The Registration Desk is located in the Harbor Island foyer in the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
Volunteering at the Registration Desk includes greeting attendees, providing them with their badges and tickets, and directing people to rooms. (Please note that all volunteers are required to work a minimum of 2 hours at the Registration Desk and will need to arrive early for their shift for an orientation/instruction session.)
You will not be alone! The Registration Desk always has an APOS staff person available for tasks that volunteers are not expected to do, such as registering attendees on-site and answering questions about registration or membership. The benefits are that you will meet all kinds of APOS members from all around the country and the world. This is also a great way to get to know APOS staff and members of the Board of Directors.
Volunteering as a Workshop Assistant includes helping the workshop Chair/Moderator keep the session on time and watching out for any technical problems, assisting presenters and alerting staff as needed.
To do this, volunteers are asked to meet the Chair/Moderator in the session room 15 minutes before the session starts. We also ask you to look at for people who wander in to a session without wearing a name badge. You will get to meet top-notch researchers and clinicians in psychosocial oncology.
MEET THE EXPERTS LUNCH ASSISTANT
Volunteers will welcome attendees and collect event tickets.
Volunteers are asked to collect lunch tickets from Meet the Experts lunch attendees on Friday, March 4, 2016. Volunteers will receive a free lunch and will be able to attend the expert session at no charge. Please note: this volunteer position does not count towards total hours for volunteer conference reimbursement.
POSTER JUDGE ASSISTANT
Volunteering as a Poster Judge Assistant means you will help the Poster Committee chair calculate the scores for the best poster winners!
The volunteer time slot for this position is for up to 2 hours on both Thursday, March 4 and Friday, March 5. This time may vary depending on whether all judging form have been submitted. The Poster Committee chair will contact you with the exact time during the conference.