APOS is the only multidisciplinary organization in the United States dedicated to the psychosocial aspects of cancer treatment.
APOS membership consists of 550+ multidisciplinary practitioners and scientists from psychiatry, psychology, social work, nursing, oncology, clergy, patient advocacy, and social and behavioral health scientists who collaborate to apply clinical, translational, behavioral and psycho-oncological research into psychosocial oncology practice.
|Full Member – Curriculum Vitae Required with Application. If your CV is not received, your application will be processed for Associate membership
Membership Dues*: $199
|Full members have the opportunity to serve on APOS committees and be elected to office.|
|Associate Member – No Curriculum Vitae Required with Application
Membership Dues*: $199
|Associate members have the opportunity to serve on APOS committees.|
|Member-in-Training/Student – Letter from Advisor/Department Chair Required with Application
Membership Dues*: $90
|Student members have the opportunity to serve on APOS committees.|
*APOS membership is based on the January through December calendar year. Membership fees will not be pro-rated. All membership levels include an online subscription to the journal, Psycho-Oncology.
APOS Member Benefits
Join the American Psychosocial Oncology Society (APOS) and receive the valuable benefits afforded to our members. In addition to joining a national community of psychosocial oncology professionals, you can participate in APOS professional education webinars for free; benefit from reduced conference rates; have access to online resources and educational programs; will receive 12 annual issues of the peer-reviewed, scientific journal Psycho-Oncology; and numerous other privileges.
APOS offers multiple benefits to all of its members including:
- Free participation in the APOS Webinar Series and free access to past recorded webinars as well!
- Online subscription to Psycho-Oncology, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 12 issues (minimum)/year
- Reduced rates for conferences and symposia sponsored by APOS
- Access to the members-only website, which includes the following:
- An online searchable membership directory for up-to-date member contact information
- Opportunity to join and network with Special Interest Groups
- Access to APOS Annual Conference Presentations
- Professional fellowship and education opportunities
- Publication discounts
- Online continuing education materials, and more!
- Member Listservs for the entire APOS membership and for Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Opportunity to serve on APOS committees (all members) and be elected to office (Full members)
- Quarterly member newsletter (January, April, July, October)
- Practice guidelines
- Opportunity to build bridges to, and a network with, other similar and complementary organizations and professions
- Opportunity to subscribe, for reduced members-only rates, to the Taylor and Francis journal, Journal of Psychosocial Oncology, six issues
- Opportunity to subscribe, for reduced members-only rates, to the Cambridge Press journal, Palliative and Supportive Care, four issues
- Opportunity to subscribe, for reduced members-only rates, to the Springer journal, Journal of Cancer Survivorship, four issues
APOS is a professional organization that strives to influence the field of psychosocial oncology in great ways. Thus, we ask that our members conduct themselves in an ethical and upstanding way.