APOS 2020 VIRTUAL Annual Research Conference
- Click on the meeting link to open Zoom and enter the meeting.
- Enter your name and email address so others in the room will know who you are.
- Click ‘full screen’ to make the meeting screen cover the entirety of your display.
- To submit a question – point mouse to the bottom of the screen and a Q&A button will pop up.
- Once the Q&A button has been clicked, a dialogue box pops up.
- Enter your question and select if you would like it sent to all panelists or a specific panelist. Questions will be answered at the end of each session.
OBTAINING MY CE’S
- What steps are needed to obtain my CEs?
- The online Evaluation and Education Hours will be available starting April 20
- When you have watched ALL sessions of interest, you can login and complete your evaluation. Please note, once your evaluation is complete, we will not be able to reopen it for additional CEs.
- You have until June 30 to watch all sessions and complete your evaluation.
- Your Certificate will be emailed to you once you have completed your evaluation.
- How long will I have to obtain my CEs?
CEs will be available until June 30 (90 days). You will complete your CEs when you have finished watching ALL of the sessions of your interest.
- When will I be able to obtain my CEs?
Evaluations will be live starting on April 20. It is imperative that you have watched all sessions prior to completing the evaluation. Once your evaluation is submitted you will not be able to resubmit.
- Is there a cost for my CEs?
Continuing Education Credits are $50. If you paid the fee during registration, you will be able to complete your evaluation and will receive your certificate. If you did not pay, you will have to pay the fee at the time of completing your evaluation.
- How do I know if I paid my $50 CE fee?
The fee will be noted on your conference registration email. If you have any questions or cannot find the email, you can email email@example.com
- What does the evaluation entail?
You will have to attest to all sessions you attended, we recommend you keep a list to help during the process. The APOS Executive Office will not be able to tell which sessions you have watched in full. After attesting to the sessions attended, you will be asked questions in regard to the presentation.
GETTING STARTED WITH ZOOM
- Where do I download the latest version of Zoom?
You can download the latest version of Zoom from our Download Center. Learn more about downloading Zoom.
- How to I use Zoom on my PC or Mac?
After downloading Zoom, learn how to use the Zoom Desktop Client.
- How do I sign up for Zoom?
You can sign up for a free Zoom account at us/signup.
JOINING A MEETING
- How do I join a Zoom meeting?
You can join a meeting by clicking the meeting link or going to join.zoom.us and entering in the meeting ID. Learn more about joining a meeting.
- How do I use my computer/device’s audio instead of using a phone?
On most devices, you can join computer/device audio by clicking Join Audio, Join with Computer Audio, or Audio to access the audio settings. Learn more about connecting your audio.
- Can I Use Bluetooth Headset?
Yes, as long as the Bluetooth device is compatible with the computer or mobile device that you are using.
- Do I have to have a webcam to join on Zoom?
While you are not required to have a webcam to join a Zoom Meeting or Webinar, you will not be able to transmit video of yourself unless you do. Without a webcam, you will be able to listen and speak during the meeting, share your screen, and view the webcam video of other participants.
- You can enter and exit the meeting as often as you need. To exit the meeting, click the red “exit meeting” on the bottom right-hand of your screen.
- Sessions will be live for 90 days and you can go in and out if you can’t finish a session in one sitting!
- Do not complete your evaluation until you have watched all sessions. Once your evaluation is complete you will not be able to redo or add on to your evaluation.
- Keep track of which sessions you watched. When you complete your evaluation you will have to attest to all sessions.
- My video/camera isn’t working.
Read tips on troubleshooting a camera that won’t start or show video.
- There is echo in my meeting.
Echo can be caused by many things, such as a participant connected to the meeting audio on multiple devices or two participants joined in from the same room. If a speaker has an open mic and is using speakers while talking the feedback loop between their speakers and microphone will cause echo and a high-pitched noise.
Learn about common causes of audio echo.
- My audio isn’t working on my mobile device.
Read tips on troubleshooting audio that isn’t working on your iOS or Android device.