APOS Statement on Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The health and safety of attendees and exhibitors remains the Society’s top priority as it prepares to hold the APOS 17th Annual Meeting as planned March 11-13, 2020 in Portland, Oregon.
Over 500 attendees rely on the APOS Annual Meeting to learn and share the latest research, practice and training priorities for the field of psychosocial oncology. APOS has dedicated resources to support the annual meeting, regardless of exigent circumstances, including:
- Following guidance and recommended safety measures of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Working with the City of Portland, the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront, airport authority, and area hotels to coordinate appropriate safety procedures.
- Adhering to CDC recommendations and protocols for heightened levels of cleanliness at the conference venue, including adding hand sanitizer stations.
- Providing resources to address immediate health concerns.
- Working with exhibitors and registered attendees to evaluate options for those unable to attend due to travel restrictions.
Updates and new information will be posted to this page as available.
Updated: March 4, 2020