Presenter Information — Oral Presentations
Oral Presentation Guidelines
You will be allotted 15 minutes for your presentation inclusive of audience Q&A. A moderator will be there to introduce each speaker and keep the session on time.
Presentations should be prepared using Microsoft PowerPoint. With your permission, APOS will post your presentation in notes format (in a secure PDF) on a private website for conference registrants. If you do wish to post your presentation handouts, we still must have your PowerPoint file to pre-load your presentation on your presentation room computer onsite. As time is limited, pre-loading your presentation ensures that all speakers receive their allotted presentation time.
Presentations are due NO LATER THAN 24 hours prior to your scheduled presentation. Email presentations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conflict of Interest
Include your conflict of interest disclosure on your opening slide. If you have nothing to disclose, include the following sentence: I, or an immediate family member, including spouse or partner, have no financial relationship(s) relevant to the content of this CME activity. For more information see the Faculty Disclosure Statement.
- Use several bullet points that target the topic on each slide - no more than seven bullets per slide
- Use large, easy-to-read fonts, such as Arial
- Keep the text simple and concise
- Mix text with simple graphics and figures for greater interest
- Orient all type horizontally, even on graphs and diagrams
- Consider colorblindness and clarity when choosing accent colors and backgrounds. Use light and dark colors that contrast each other highly for legibility.