Jointly Sponsored By
out how APOS
is going green in 2009
APOS Goes Green in 2009!
APOS is committed to hosting an eco-friendly conference. Following are some of the initiatives that we and our conference venue, the Westin Charlotte, are taking to go green.
- Providing reusable, natural cotton conference bags.
- Using bio-poly, biodegradable badge holders.
- Providing bamboo fiber and recycled plastic lanyards.
- Reducing paper use by printing smaller, half-size program books.
- Reducing the amount of paper used during the registration process by encouraging online registration.
- Confirming registrations electronically, instead of sending paper through the mail.
- Replacing bottled water with water stations.
- Recycling plastic badge holders.
- Reducing or eliminating paper handouts by providing materials on the APOS conference website for attendees.
- Using mugs instead of disposable coffee cups.
- Recycling all glass, aluminum, plastic and cardboard used at the conference and at APOS Headquarters
- Recycling all administrative paper used at the conference and at APOS Headquarters.